DIY Pizza Oven - Build an Outdoor Oven that is Durable and Affordable
Once you've tasted brick oven pizza from a real brick pizza oven... not a gas or pellet-powered toaster oven, but a REAL brick pizza oven, no other pizza or artisan bread will ever taste as good! And now, you can bring that flavor to your family's dinner table with the Mattone Barile DIY pizza oven foam form! Let us show you how to build an outdoor pizza oven that will create amazing dishes like roasts, casseroles, beer-can chicken, smoked brisket, roasted turkey, and numerous varieties of breads. This oven does so much more than just make brick oven pizza!
The Mattone Barile is a medium-sized brick pizza oven that is made with heat-retaining, locally sourced refractory brick. Over the course of 3 or 4 weekends, you and your family can build a wood-burning brick pizza oven that will create delicious dishes (and memories) that you treasure forever! Not only do we show you how to build an outdoor pizza oven with our ridiculously-detailed Installation Instructions, we highly encourage you to involve your family in this DIY-EZ outdoor pizza oven project (and take tons of pictures for your Facebook page)!
Benefits of the Mattone Barile Outdoor Brick Oven Form:
- Interior Dimensions - 23"W x 17"H x 32"L
- Cooking Surface - 736 Square Inches
- Great for smaller events (1-19 people)
- Excellent for pizzas, breads, BBQ & smoking food
- Free How to Build an Outdoor Pizza Oven Plans!
- Classic design has been used for over 4000 years
- Works with any color of refractory brick
- Preferred Size for Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven
- Will become the focal point of your backyard
- Build the base and oven in just 4 weekends (or less)
- Makes a GREAT project for the family
- Patented Design
- Made in the USA!
This Mattone Barile Oven Brick Pizza Package Includes:
- The Mattone Barile Kit / Form Only
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous United States!
- Canada Shipping / Free Border Delivery!
Mattone Barile Installation Instructions & Materials Lists:
Find a MATERIALS DEALER near you!
While the majority of your masonry materials can be found at your local Big Box hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Rona), be sure to visit your local Landscape & Masonry Supply Stores first! Not only are you supporting local businesses, but most Landscape & Masonry supply stores stock those hard-to-find items that the Box Box stores just don't carry. Items like Fire Brick, Fireclay, Lime, Stucco, etc... all the components necessary to build a pizza oven while on a budget. Prices on firebrick at your local landscape supply are usually LOWER than firebrick purchased directly from the manufacturer ($2.50 avg. per fire brick).
Want professional-grade refractory materials for your pizza oven project? How about a "just add water" high-temp mortar that is rated to 2800° vs. mixing / making high-temp mortar with silica sand, fire clay, portland cement & lime? Then you need to purchase your refractory materials from a manufacturer like HarbisonWalker International ($4.25 avg. per fire brick). With over 30+ HarbisonWalker locations, there's a good chance you live in (or near) a city with a HarbisonWalker distribution center. If pallet pick-up is not an option, most HarbisonWalker locations can schedule local / regional freight delivery for your order to your home or jobsite. Here are some money-saving Freight / Pallet Delivery Options if you choose pallet delivery.
More Information about the Mattone Barile Wood Fired Oven Form and BrickWood Ovens:
- Mattone Barile Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Mattone Barile - Main Product Page
- Mattone Barile Photo Gallery - Thousands of Mattone Barile oven pictures (and videos) in all stages of construction.
- View the ENTIRE line of BrickWood Ovens Pizza Oven Kits!
- BrickWood Ovens - America's FASTEST growing Brick Oven company!
- Questions? Visit the BrickWood Ovens Forum for the answers to the questions you haven't even thought of yet!
- Before you start building, make sure you download the most recent version of our Outdoor Pizza Oven DIY plans.