Whether you are building a pizza oven, fire pit or even a backyard forge, you need to use high-temperature refractory mortar between your refractory bricks. Let us send you a bag or even a pallet of high-temp firebrick mortar (that can also be used as outdoor fireplace mortar) to your home or job site. And, as always, shipping is FREE!
The product of choice for outdoor wood-fired brick pizza ovens, masonry bread ovens, fireplaces, and chimney installations (interior or exterior) or where moisture may be present in masonry chimney installation. These dry-mix refractory mortars are made from high-temperature cement and carefully selected aggregates that will not expand or tear the mortar apart when heated. Once dried, these products are non-water soluble and more acid resistant than any other type of product used in these applications.
- When building an outdoor wood-fired pizza oven, THIS IS THE REFRACTORY MORTAR TO USE as it is NON-WATER SOLUBLE.
- Replaces our 4-Ingredient HIGH-TEMPERATURE MORTAR RECIPE (Silica Sand, Fireclay, Portland Cement, and Lime)
- Add clean water (approximately 3/4 to 1 quart) for every 10 lbs. and mix thoroughly. No other additives required
- Cold water works best. Warm water quickens set time. Do not remix or retemper this product as you would with a regular mortar.
- Refractory mortar (55lb bag) yields approximately 60 lbs. of refractory mortar. This is the most economical per pound.
- Meets and exceeds ASTM C-199, ASTM C-1283, ASTM E-136.
- Color with masonry mortar color if desired. Follow the color manufacturer’s instructions as if using a regular masonry mortar.
- Good for applications well over 2,500°F.