Why should you build our 28” Mattone Cupola outdoor oven instead of buying a 28” famous brand wood pizza oven? Simple. We give you TWICE as much oven for less money - which makes our 28” Cupola the best pizza oven value for your hard-earned dollar!
Unlike other outdoor pizza oven DIY brands that manufacture thin-walled refractory ovens, the refractory walls of our 28” Mattone Cupola ovens are twice as thick (and in some areas 4x thicker) than the leading oven brand! And having thicker refractory walls not only provides your outdoor oven with longer baking times (due to excellent heat retention), but it also makes your wood pizza oven twice as durable!
Speaking of durability… the 28” Mattone Cupola is built with 72,000+ jagged stainless steel fibers (included) that act as miniature heat-conducting rebars which eliminate the possibility of cracking - other outdoor oven brands are not made with these incredible fibers. And since each 28” Cupola is cast-in-place in one solid monolithic structure, there are no seams for heat loss – or numerous and hard-to-see hairline cracks that occur in many outdoor ovens that are fabricated off-site and transported across country via several freight trucks.
After your oven has been cast (which takes about 90 minutes) and the refractory cement is dry, simply remove the Mattone Cupola foam form, attach the exhaust kit and wrap your new outdoor oven with 2 or 3 layers of our high-quality insulation blanket. And just to make sure you are getting the best outdoor pizza oven for your buck, we include TWICE as much exhaust kit! Every 28” Mattone Cupola / Package 1 kit comes with a DOUBLE-WALL stainless steel exhaust kit that is Made in the USA by DuraVent – America’s leading brand of high-quality, stainless steel outdoor pizza oven DIY exhaust systems. Other brands charge more for this high-end exhaust kit... we include it!
And unlike those Famous Brand ovens, we INCLUDE the most popular pizza oven tools from American Metalcraft - the leading brand of pizza oven accessories! You will receive a pizza peel, pizza peel hanger and a brass bristle pizza oven brush & scraper. Again, included. Finally, you will also receive our thick 10ga steel pizza oven door that rests on beautiful red oak handles that are coated with 2 layers of Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane / UV protectant to ensure the rugged good looks of your pizza oven door for years to come!
Twice the quality. Twice the durability. Twice the outdoor oven… for about half the price!
Benefits of the 28" Mattone Cupola - Package 1
- Great for all occasions large and small! (1 - 40+ attendees)
- Excellent for pizza's, breads and low profile foods
- Super-easy to build with step-by-step directions
- NO HEAVY LIFTING! 50 - 60lbs Tops!
- Cooks faster and hotter than firebrick models
- It only takes 2 hours to mix, pour and pack! Really!
- Save hundreds over comparable models
- Build the base and oven in just 3 weekends (or less)++
- Buy your oven materials locally and save $$!
- Made in the USA
This Mattone Cupola Dome Shaped Wood Fired Pizza Oven Package Includes:
- Mattone Cupola Foam Wood-Fired Pizza Oven Mold
- 13lbs of Stainless Steel Fibers
- DuraTech Stainless Steel Exhaust Kit (Anchor Plate, Chimney Cap, 18" Chimney, Spark Arrestor & Hi-Temp Adhesive)
- 50sf of 6# Ceramic Fiber Blanket (enough for 2 layers)
- 3 Pack by American Metalcraft - Brush Head & Handle / Aluminum Pizza Peel / Pizza Peel Holder
- Mattone Barile Series 10G Door w/ Red Oak Handles
- Multi-Item Discount saves you an additional $175!
- FREE SHIPPING in the contiguous United States!
- Canada Shipping / Free Border Delivery
28" Mattone Cupola Installation Instructions & Materials Lists:
28" Mattone Cupola Pizza Oven & Base Instructions
Find a Refractory Materials Dealer near you!
No need to spend hours trying to hunt down the refractory materials needed to build your oven... we've already done that work for you! Simply visit our Refractory Materials Dealer page to find a refractory dealer near you that stocks all the refractory materials that you need to build your awesome new oven! Just type in your ZIP CODE and select Refractory Materials Dealer.
Or just do what we do... Order all of your food-grade refractory materials from HarbisonWalker International. With 30+ Harbison Walker locations in America alone, there's a good chance you live in (or near) a city with a HarbisonWalker distribution center. If pick-up is not an option, most HarbisonWalker locations can provide freight delivery for your order to your home or job site. Here are some money-saving Freight / Pallet Delivery Options if you choose pallet delivery.
More Information about the 28" Mattone Cupola Wood-Fired Pizza Oven and BrickWood Ovens:
- 28" Mattone Cupola Spec Sheet (PDF)
- 28" Mattone Cupola - Main Product Page
- Mattone Cupola Photo Gallery - Hundreds of Mattone Cupola oven pictures (and videos) in all stages of construction.
- View the ENTIRE line of BrickWood Ovens Pizza Oven Kits!
- BrickWood Ovens - America's FASTEST growing Outdoor Pizza Oven company!
- Questions? Visit the BrickWood Ovens Forum for the answers to the questions you haven't even thought of yet!
- Before you start building, make sure you download the most recent version of our Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven and Base Instructions.