Ceramic Fiber Blanket
The #1 Recommended Upgrade for every Pizza Oven Kit!
Kaowool (pronounced Kale Wool) insulation blanket is simply the BEST way to insulate, protect and make your wood-fired pizza oven super-efficient! This 8lb insulation blanket is denser than our standard 6lb ceramic fiber blanket and is recommended if you plan on using your outdoor pizza oven for long periods of cooking / baking (days - not hours) or for commercial use.
Save 10% on a second box of Ceramic Fiber Blanket! Automatically receive a 10% discount on a second box of CFB during checkout.
Here are 8 GREAT reasons to use 8lb kaowool ceramic fiber insulation!
1. Wrapping your oven with kaowool ceramic fiber blanket will allow your oven to heat quicker and retain the heat longer than w/out an insulation blanket.
2. If you get a hairline crack on the inside of your oven, the kaowool insulation blanket prevents the hairline crack from showing on the outside of the oven.
3. 2 layers of insulation blanket cost less than a 2nd row of fire brick (each box contains enough ceramic wool for 2 layers of high-temperature insulation).
4. Your wood-fired oven can be 1000° degrees on the inside... but cool to the touch on the outside!
5. The high-temperature insulation can be applied and secured in about 30 minutes or less!
6. COUNTLESS finishing options can be applied to an oven with the kaowool / stucco shell...
- Thin Brick / Brick Veneer
- Stone Veneer
- Painted Finish
- Fireplace Combo
- Almost any type of finish!
7. We primarily ship Kaowool brand, but the brand you will receive depends on your delivery location. Brands we ship include:
- Harbison Walker Inswool
- Unifrax Fiberfrax
8. FREE SHIPPING!
Q: Are 2 layers of ceramic fiber blanket enough for my brick oven?
A: 2 layers are enough for warm states and infrequent oven users. If you plan on using your oven for long periods of time (all-day use), over a long weekend, or if you are in a cold weather state (see map below), you may want to invest in a 2nd box of blanket so you can add another layer or two of blanket on your oven to improve performance.
Q: Can I get a discount if I order a 2nd box?
A: You will receive an automatic discount of 10% on a 2nd box during checkout.
Q: Do I have to wrap my pizza oven with Ceramic Fiber Blanket?
A: YES! Ceramic is an ABSOLUTE must-have! You should NEVER build a pizza oven without Ceramic Fiber Blanket!
Q: Do you have any more information about Ceramic Fiber Blankets?
You can jump over to the Ceramic Fiber Blanket topic on the BrickWood Ovens Forum and read more than you'll ever need to know about Ceramic Fiber Blanket insulation.
1 Box of Insulation Blanket Dimensions: 24" x 1" x 25' (50sf) - Rated to 2300° | 8LB