Kaowool (pronounced Kale Wool) insulation blanket is simply the BEST way to insulate, protect and make your wood-fired pizza oven super-efficient! This 8lb insulation blanket is more dense than our standard 6lb ceramic fiber blanket and is recommended if you plan on using your outdoor pizza oven for long periods of cooking / baking (days - not hours) or for commercial use.
Here are 8 GREAT reasons to use 8lb kaowool ceramic fiber insulation!
1. Wrapping your oven with kaowool ceramic fiber blanket will allow your oven to heat quicker and retain the heat longer than w/out insulation blanket.
2. If you get a hairline crack on the inside of your oven, the kaowool insulation blanket prevents the hairline crack from showing on the outside of the oven.
3. 2 layers of insulation blanket costs less than a 2nd row of fire brick (each box contains enough ceramic wool for 2 layers of high temperature insulation).
4. Your wood-fired oven can be 1000° degrees on the inside... but cool to the touch on the outside!
5. The high temperature insulation can be applied and secured in about 30 minutes or less!
6. COUNTLESS finishing options can be applied to an oven with the kaowool / stucco shell...
- Thin Brick / Brick Veneer
- Stone Veneer
- Painted Finish
- Fireplace Combo
- Almost any type of finish!
7. We primarily ship Kaowool brand, but the brand you will receive depends on your delivery location. Brands we ship include:
- Harbison Walker Inswool
- Unifrax Fiberfrax
8. FREE SHIPPING!
Q: Do I have to wrap my pizza oven with Ceramic Fiber Blanket?
A: YES! Ceramic is an ABSOLUTE must have! You should NEVER build a pizza oven without Ceramic Fiber Blanket!
Q: Do you have any more information about Ceramic Fiber Blanket?
Again. YES! You can jump over to the Ceramic Fiber Blanket topic on the BrickWood Ovens Forum and read more then you'll ever need to know about Ceramic Fiber Blanket insulation.
1 Box of Insulation Blanket Dimensions: 24" x 1" x 25' (50sf) - Rated to 2300° | 8LB